Thursday, April 11, 2019

Issue #32 -- 2019 A New Year On The Road






Happy New Year 
           &
  Welcome 2019 




January in Yuma, Arizona
We closed out 2018 and entered the New Year, 2019, by celebrating with friends at the Westwinds RV Resort in Yuma, Arizona. David and I hope the New Year  brings you all Happiness and  Health.





We enjoyed a lovely lunch with our good friends Mike and Marjie Kallmeyer, at Applebee's on January 3rd.












The next day we headed over to Mission Viejo, California to share good food and company with Tom Hession as he retired from the U.S. Marshals Service. David and Tom have been friends for many years, as have Laura Hession and I. David and I stayed at the Ayres Hotel & Spa in Mission Viejo. We enjoyed the retirement party and seeing old friends.

Our stay at the Ayres Hotel & Spa turned out to be very relaxing. We both enjoyed the Spa with 90 minute massages.  It was the best!








Although our time with the Hession's seemed to just fly by, the visit was great.  Tom & Laura will now be able to spend much more time with their grown kids as possible.

During our stay we also enjoyed, as usual, good/great food. We found a family owned and operated, (since 1984), Italian restaurant, Peppino's Italian Family. Everything about this restaurant was top notch.




After a Sunday afternoon having great massages, we were ready for an early supper. We were ready for some Mexican food, and were recommended to try Carmelitas Kitchen.

After supper we took a short walk around the grounds, which overlooked a pond.











January 7th, we returned to our condo on wheels, in Yuma. I think I told Ya'll about the Historic Yuma Theatre in our last blog. There are several productions held there all year long. This month we attended a Lonely Street Production entitled "Your Cheaten' Heart." The performers were the same as those in the December production of "Honky Tonk Christmas." Suffice to say, we were not disappointed. Kaci Bays, does justice to her rendition of Patsy Cline songs and Hank Williams would be proud knowing Alex Mack sings his songs. The music of both Patsy Cline and Hank Williams is timeless.












We enjoyed another music tribute, this time to country band "Alabama," while in Yuma. The Tennessee River Production  was held in the Crystal Ballroom, at the Westwinds RV Resort. This too was a music production well worth seeing.





We spent some time traveling back and forth between Arizona and California this year. A different joy for me was getting to attend a Sunday lunch with the Central Girls of SDPD. The last time I was able to attend our annual luncheon was two years ago. Most likely it will be another two years before we're back in that area.


February

If you thought we kept busy in January, well let me tell you, February was even busier, and again, lots of travel time was included.  Our first big event was the annual Silver Spur Rodeo, in Yuma. Friends, Lori & Byron Lindholm, attended with us. David and I both love watching a good rodeo, so we seem to get carried away taking photos. I'll share just a few:
Lori loved to show off her boots!

























Byron & Lori also attended the Yuma Foothills  Annual Rotary BBQ & Car Show with us. It was some good BBQ.












We have a nephew, David Comito, and his wife, Emly, who are currently stationed in Alabama at Fort Rucker. He's there to complete his U.S. Army Warrant Officer training, and then continue additional training for flying helicopters.  I was able to attend the graduation along with my sister, Linda, and brother, Michael. I can't express just how proud of my nephew we all are. David's wife, Emly was so nice, she even took time off from her job to show Linda and I some of the sites.








My birthday was the day before I returned to Yuma, via San Diego, so David & Emly treated me to dinner at an extremely nice restaurant.





















In addition to everything else during this time, my loving husband also treated me to a special birthday. He planned and scheduled hotel stays the nights before, and after, my trip.  I can't leave out that Valentine's Day was also this month. In our travels, I had bought a pumpkin prior to leaving the Maine area and it traveled to Yuma with us. Well, because I couldn't bring myself to throw it away after Thanksgiving and Christmas, my loving husband painted it for Valentine's Day.



March 
March was not our busiest month, however, we did find things to do. The Yuma Air Show and a Church spaghetti dinner were both on the same day.  They were both enjoyable.  Our neighbors, George & Marsha Pettitt, at our site in the Foothills, attended the spaghetti dinner which included a dinner concert.





I think these guys are lost.




Marsha & George Pettitt




This should tell you just how much my husband loves me. The pumpkin from Maine, sported it's third color change for St. Patrick's Day. Boy, am I spoiled?





















David's Buddy Stops:









































Issue #33, Back On The Road - April 2019, will be published within the next few days. Can you tell I'm trying to catch up??


No comments:

Post a Comment